588 West 16th Avenue Apt 4
Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1S4
With fairly well-rounded skills and experience, I may also be useful in assisting your software development and web design teams.
Summary of Relevant Skills
- Primary Unix Experience: (Debian) Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris
- Windows Experience: NT4 Server, 2000 Pro/Server
PHP, Perl, general Unix shell programming (6 years)
E-commerce, BBS and VoIP services
Web-based database reporting tools and CMSs
Other general web development
C/C++ (7 years)
Unix system maintenance and networking tools
MySQL (6 years)
Event registration sites
Custom message board backing
Online classifieds systems
(Interfaced mainly with PHP and Perl)
PostgreSQL (3 years)
PBMP (Pay by Mobile Phone) IVR and VoIP services data
Canada-wide Wi-Fi hotspot hardware tracking and management for FatPort Corp.
PL/pgSQL and PL/python stored procedure programming
(Interfaced mainly with C, C++ and PHP)
Oracle, MS SQL Server (1 year)
Managing large real estate listings for BC
(Interfaced mainly with VBScript/ASP)
Work Experience & Projects
Adbusters Magazine (2006-present)
- Webmaster and web programmer for the organisation.
- Mambo CMS maintenance and customisations.
FatPort Corporation (2003-2005)
- Administered the company's Linux and OpenBSD servers.
- Developed and maintained internal web-based network tools.
- End user technical support and on-site troubleshooting.
- Assorted embedded Linux programming for Wi-Fi APs.
- Our first APs were OpenBSD w/802.11 mods, controlled largely with Perl
- Later versions moved towards Linux, C and Bash.
Combustion Labs (1999-2003)
- Assorted contract web development work.
- Made many event registration forms.
- BCBookworm.com: an online buy/sell listing site for
college and university students in BC. Designed and
implemented the book database using MySQL, and the web
site user account and listing management in PHP.
- Lattimergallery.com: built the gallery/catalogue engine
using PHP and MySQL.
Jurock International Net (FeatureWeb) (2000-2001)
- Maintained BC-wide MS SQL Server realtor database,
IIS web server and mailing list software in VB/ASP
and PHP for Jurock.com subscribers.
- Maintained NT4 servers with Index Server and MSSQL7,
and Slackware Linux for other web hosting services.
- Created a listing tracker service for BC realtors and
buyers, which allowed them to pick from a wide variety
of search criteria for desired properties, and e-mailed
the updated results automatically each day.
Point Grey Secondary School, Vancouver BC (1995-2000)
- Graduate of June, 2000 (honour roll)
- Feb 1998: National Bank of Canada Certificate of Distinction for
ranking in the top twenty-five percent of contestants
in the 1998 Cayley Mathematics Contest for tenth-grade
University of British Columbia (2002-2003)
- Continuing Studies: Network Systems and Security
- A+, Network+, MCSA, SCSA, CCNA Equivalency
Network windowing systems, usability and human interface design,
robotics, embedded appliance programming, industrial design and manufacturing.
Available upon request (or just ask Damien Prystay)